My personal journey training as a triathlete in Spokane, WA.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Zipping Along!


I know its the beginning of race season when I take off my training wheels and put on my Zipp 404 carbon race wheels.

The are kind of miss-match with a 2001 front and 2007 rear but who really cares about the looks if they work.

I swear when I use that my bike speed magically improves by at least 2-3 mph.

Not sure if you can see from the photo but I just recently upgrade my bars from the stock Vision and FSA to Profile Cobra T2 carbon extensions, base bar, brakes and stem. The whole package is carbon so definitely an upgrade on look and weight savings just like the pros!

I also am trying new this year some gently used Qrings from Brett Peterson to help me smooth out my mashing of the pedals. The literature says a savings of 2-3 watts on power but since I don't have a power meter its hard to say the exact savings. However I do notice on the hills that I can spin a little longer before having to get out of the saddle and on the flat portions easier to hold a higher candence and speed! The true test of the benefits of all my new add-ons this year will be at the races if they translate to faster bike splits. So thanks to my bike sponsor - Jim Kozak at Cyclemetrix for installing all my carbon goodies and at least making my old bike look fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home