My personal journey training as a triathlete in Spokane, WA.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ironman Lake Stevens 70.3


Since being a very goal orientated person, I bit the bullet and commited to my first race of 2008 at Lake Stevens in July.

I have some very fond and not so fond memories of this race last summer. Fondness being the completion of my first half ironman race since Ironman CdA and doing it on my own personal training plan, racing against some famous pros (Heather Fuhr) and friends from Spokane and of course the wonderful support of my wife and kids standing in the sun for over 6 hours to watch me finish! The race was exciting since it was a 70.3 race so it kind of has the same feeling of doing a full ironman with only half the distance.

The not so fondness part was the lack of crowds (half the people living there didn't know about the race), the open bike course where you had to watch out for cars and people crossing the road and not looking, running out of gatorade on the second loop of the bike and my plantar fasciutus on my left foot.

So looking for some serious payback this July with a healthier left foot and smart training. It was fun to see my friend Steve Kramer qualify for Worlds in Florida - hopefully we will all have a good day as well. Rumor has it I have recruited some fellow team members to show up as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home